The sites listed below are not maintained by DirectCIH and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of DirectCIH.
- Engineering Careers Essentials
American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists website
- American Industrial Hygiene Association website
- U.S. Chemical Safety Board – an independent federal agency investigating chemical accidents to protect workers, the public, and the environment.
- U.S. CDC Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- U.S. CDC National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- U.S. CDC NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topics
- U.S. CDC NIOSH Emergency Response Safety and Health Database (ERSH-DB) is a rapidly accessible occupational safety and health database developed for the emergency response community.
- U.S. CDC NIOSH International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSCs): International Programme on Chemical Safety
- U.S. CDC NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards (NPG) is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals.
- U.S. DOL Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- U.S. DOT Office of Hazardous Materials Safety is the Federal safety authority for ensuring the safe transport of hazardous materials by air, rail, highway, and water.
- U.S. EPA list of State and Territorial Environment Agencies
- U.S. EPA Health Effects Notebook for Hazardous Air Pollutants
- U.S. EPA Acute Exposure Guideline Levels
- U.S. EPA ACToR – online warehouse of all publicly available chemical toxicity data
- U.S. EPA Environmental Response Team
- U.S. EPA On Scene Coordinator
- IPCS INCHEM Chemical Safety Information from Intergovernmental Organizations provides rapid access to internationally peer reviewed information on chemicals commonly used throughout the world
- U.S. NLM Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.
- U.S. NLM WISER is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents.
- U.S. NOAA Cameo Chemicals Database of Hazardous Materials